1. VOA英语学习网
  2. 设首页|英语四级|千亿国际文娱网页版|英语日志|英文自我引见|英语话剧脚本
  3. 打包下载 | 千亿国际 | BBC打包 | 日语 韩语
  4. 手机版
  1. 千亿国际文娱
  2. 剑桥英语测验认证
  3. 外教口语面临面课程

TED十佳演讲之败中求胜 大夫们会出错误(08)

宣布工夫:2018-04-16内容泉源:VOA英语学习网

And two days later I came to do my next emergency shift, and that's when my chief asked to speak to me quietly in her office.

两天后,又轮到我在急诊室值班。当时我的主任要我去她的办公室里私下谈谈。

And she said the three words: Do you remember?

她说了那三个字: 记得吗?

"Do you remember that patient you saw with the sore throat?"

“记得吗?那位你看过的喉咙酸痛的患者?”

Well it turns out, he didn't have a strep throat.

原来,他并没有得链球菌性咽喉炎。

He had a potentially life-threatening condition called epiglottitis.

得的是一种有能够要挟到生命的病症, 叫会厌炎。

You can Google it, but it's an infection, not of the throat, but of the upper airway, and it can actually cause the airway to close.

列位可以在谷歌上盘问,但它不是喉咙,而是上呼吸道的熏染,并有能够形成呼吸道壅闭。

And fortunately he didn't die.

幸亏,他并没有过世。

He was placed on intravenous antibiotics and he recovered after a few days.

在被布置做抗生素静脉注射的几天之后,他便康复了。

And I went through the same period of shame and reCRIminations and felt cleansed and went back to work, until it happened again and again and again.

而我又回到了谁人愧疚和自责的光阴中, 然后等心情平复后,又回到了任务岗亭, 直到这些错误再度反复的发作。

Twice in one emergency shift, I missed appendicitis.

在统一个急诊的值班中,我两次没有发明病患得了盲肠炎。

Now that takes some doing, especially when you work in a hospital that at the time saw but 14 people a night.

这是很难想象会发作的事变,尤其是当你在一间一个早晨,只见十四名病患的医院任务。

Now in both cases, I didn't send them home and I don't think there was any gap in their care.

固然对这两个病例,我都没有让他们回家,而我也不以为在医治照顾进程中有任何清闲和过失。

One I thought had a kidney stone.

此中一位我诊断他有肾结石。

I ordered a kidney X-ray.

并布置了肾脏X光,但后果正常。

When it turned out to be normal, my colleague who was doing a reassessment of the patient noticed some tenderness in the right lower quadrant and called the surgeons.

我的同事事先正在对病人的病情做重新的诊断。在他注意到病人右下腹的中央有些柔软时,便联络了内科大夫。

The other one had a lot of diarrhea.

另一位病患有严峻的腹泻。

I ordered some fluids to rehydrate him and asked my colleague to reassess him.

我给了他一些液体协助他增补水分,并让我的同事重新看了看。

And he did and when he noticed some tenderness in the right lower quadrant, called the surgeons.

他照做了。 当他留意到病人右下腹有些柔软时,也联络了内科大夫。

In both cases, they had their operations and they did okay.

这两名病患 都做了手术并病愈了。

 

来自:千亿国际文娱网页版_千亿国际文娱|www.qy449.com 文章地点: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20180416/550641.html