1. VOA英语学习网
  2. 设首页|英语四级|千亿国际文娱网页版|英语日志|英文自我引见|英语话剧脚本
  3. 打包下载 | 千亿国际 | BBC打包 | 日语 韩语
  4. 手机版
  1. 千亿国际文娱
  2. 剑桥英语测验认证
  3. 外教口语面临面课程

TED演讲:哪个国度对天下最无益(02)

宣布工夫:2018-06-12内容泉源:VOA英语学习网

So in a nutshell, that's the challenge that we all face today at this interesting point in history.

以是复杂来说,这便是我们一切人明天面对的应战,在这个故意思的汗青时期。

That's clearly what we've got to do next.

这很分明是我们接上去要做的。

We've somehow got to get our act together and we've got to figure out how to globalize the solutions better

我们要想法配合举动起来,我们要想方法怎样更好的处理环球化的题目,

so that we don't simply become a species which is the victim of the globalization of problems.

以致于我们不会沦为环球化题目中受益的一个种群。

Why are we so slow at achieving these advances? What's the reason for it?

为什么我们获得停顿的速率云云迟缓?缘由是什么?

Well, there are, of course, a number of reasons, but perhaps the primary reason is

固然,这有很多缘由,但大概最主要的缘由是,

because we're still organized as a species in the same way that we were organized 200 or 300 years ago.

我们这个物种的机构构成与200或300年前的照旧一样。

There's one superpower left on the planet and that is the seven billion people,

现在天下上只要一个超才能那便是这7亿生齿,

the seven billion of us who cause all these problems, the same seven billion, by the way, who will resolve them all.

我们这7亿人,形成了一切这些题目,但异样的7亿人,也要处理这些题目。

But how are those seven billion organized?

但这7亿人是怎样构造起来的呢?

They're still organized in 200 or so nation-states,

他们照旧由200多个国度或许多民族国度构成,

and the nations have governments that make rules and cause us to behave in certain ways.

国度都有当局公布执法,并要求我们恪守肯定的原则。

And that's a pretty efficient system, but the problem is that the way that those laws are made

这是一个相称无效的体制,但题目是这些执法的构成,

and the way those governments think is absolutely wrong for the solution of global problems, because it all looks inwards.

以及当局考虑题目的方法,在处理环球题目上是完全错误的,由于它只看到国际。

The politicians that we elect and the politicians we don't elect, on the whole, have minds that microscope.

我们推举出来的政治家另有我们没选的政治家,总体来说,他们的思想方法都是显微镜式的。

They don't have minds that telescope. They look in.

他们没无望远镜式的思想。他们只看国际。

They pretend, they behave, as if they believed that every country was an island

当他们行作起来的时分,就伪装他们在置信仿佛每个国度都是一座岛屿,

that existed quite happily, independently of all the others on its own little planet in its own little solar system.

独立而高兴地存在于本人的小星球,于他国不无相关,而是在本人的太阳系里。

This is the problem: countries competing against each other, countries fighting against each other.

这便是题目地点:国度间相互竞争,国度间相互征战。

This week, as any week you care to look at,

这周,或任何一周,假如你仔细看的话,

you'll find people actually trying to kill each other from country to country,

你会发明一个国度和另一个国度的人民在相互屠杀,

but even when that's not going on, there's competition between countries, each one trying to shaft the next.

就算没有和平,国度之间也在相互竞争,每个国度都试图把别国挤下去。

来自:千亿国际文娱网页版_千亿国际文娱|www.qy449.com 文章地点: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20180612/565101.html