1. VOA英语学习网
  2. 设首页|英语四级|千亿国际文娱网页版|英语日志|英文自我引见|英语话剧脚本
  3. 打包下载 | 千亿国际 | BBC打包 | 日语 韩语
  4. 手机版
  1. 千亿国际文娱
  2. 剑桥英语测验认证
  3. 外教口语面临面课程

TED演讲:哪个国度对天下最无益(04)

宣布工夫:2018-06-13内容泉源:VOA英语学习网

But actually, aren't most of us not really so very good at empathy?

但现实上,我们大少数人岂非不是缺乏怜悯心吗?

Oh sure, we're very good at empathy when it's a question of dealing with people who kind of look like us

固然,我们十分有怜悯心,当题目出在那些跟我们长得差未几,

and kind of walk and talk and eat and pray and wear like us,

走路、语言和祷告的方法差未几,穿着也差未几的人,

but when it comes to people who don't do that,

但当题目出在那些不那样做的人,

who don't quite dress like us and don't quite pray like us and don't quite talk like us,

那些跟我们穿着差别的人,祷告方法差别的人,语言方法差别的人,

do we not also have a tendency to see them ever so slightly as cardboard cutouts too?

我们岂不是偏向于把他们当成纸片人吗?

And this is a question we need to ask ourselves.

这是我们需求问本人的题目。

I think constantly we have to monitor it.

我以为我们需求不时地监视本人。

Are we and our politicians to a degree cultural psychopaths?

我们和我们的政党某个水平上 是不是文明肉体失常?

The third reason is hardly worth mentioning because it's so silly,

第三个缘由都何足道哉,由于它太呆子了,

but there's a belief amongst governments that the domestic agenda and the international agenda are incompatible and always will be.

但当局间有一种想法,那便是国际事件和国际事件是不兼容的,并会不断云云。

This is just nonsense. In my day job, I'm a policy adviser.

这是无稽之谈。我的任务是政策参谋。

I've spent the last 15 years or so advising governments around the world,

我过来的15年左右都活着界列国的当局里做参谋,

and in all of that time I have never once seen a single domestic policy issue that could not be more imaginatively,

整个这段工夫我从没见过任何一个国度政策题目

effectively and rapidly resolved than by treating it as an international problem,

会不比国际题目可以更具想像力的、高效并快捷的处理了。

looking at the international context, comparing what others have done,

看看国际大情况,比拟其他国度是怎样做的,

bringing in others, working externally instead of working internally.

请他人出去,内部协作,而不但是外部任务。

来自:千亿国际文娱网页版_千亿国际文娱|www.qy449.com 文章地点: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20180613/565395.html