1. VOA英语学习网
  2. 设首页|英语四级|千亿国际文娱网页版|英语日志|英文自我引见|英语话剧脚本
  3. 打包下载 | 千亿国际 | BBC打包 | 日语 韩语
  4. 手机版
  1. 千亿国际文娱
  2. 剑桥英语测验认证
  3. 外教口语面临面课程

专业四级英语听力120篇 第45期:苏格兰新年 A Scottish New Year

宣布工夫:2018-08-09内容泉源:VOA英语学习网

A Scottish New Year

苏格兰新年

If you're invited to a Scottish home on New Year's Eve,

要是你新年元旦受邀到苏格兰人家做客,

it's important to know what to bring with you:

带上以下的这些工具黑白常紧张的:

a lump of coal, some shortbread and some whisky.

一块煤,一些奶油甜酥饼和威士忌酒。

The coal signifies warmth,

煤块代表暖和,

so you're wishing that the people you visit will have enough heat in the coming year.

即祝愿主人家在接上去的一年里过上暖和的生存。

The shortbread represents food,

奶油甜酥饼代表食品,

so you're hoping that the people will have enough to eat.

即盼望主人家不愁吃。

And whisky was called "the water of life" by Scots,

威士忌被苏格兰人称为“生命之水”,

so it means you want the hosts to have enough to drink.

奉上威士忌就意味着你祝愿主人家不愁喝。

There is one more key task you still have to perform as a guest.

身为主人另有一个要点必需要记牢,

The first person to knock on a neighbour's door is supposed to be a tall, dark, handsome man. If you are, you'll bring good luck to the household.

假设你是又高又黑的帅小伙子,第一个敲主人家的门会给他们带来好运。

But if that's not you, don't ring the bell just yet.Wait for a while and the right person is bound to turn up soon!

不然,你只能等适宜的人呈现,然后再进门。

来自:千亿国际文娱网页版_千亿国际文娱|www.qy449.com 文章地点: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20180809/580401.html