1. VOA英语学习网
  2. 设首页|英语四级|千亿国际文娱网页版|英语日志|英文自我引见|英语话剧脚本
  3. 打包下载 | 千亿国际 | BBC打包 | 日语 韩语
  4. 手机版
  1. 千亿国际文娱
  2. 剑桥英语测验认证
  3. 外教口语面临面课程

TED十佳演讲之入门 我们需求谈谈不公(04)

宣布工夫:2017-12-03内容泉源:VOA英语学习网

And I'm going to admit something to you. I'm going to tell you something I probably shouldn't.

如今我想向各人坦率一件事。能够不应在这里说。

I know this might be broadcast broadly.

由于这个演讲是会四处播的。

But I'm 52 years old, and I'm going to admit to you that I've never had a drop of alcohol.

我往年五十二了,我要向各人供认,我历来没有喝过一滴酒。

I don't say that because I think that's virtuous; I say that because there is power in identity.

这不是为了显派我多有品德,是为了阐明自我定位的威力。

When we create the right kind of identity, we can say things to the world around us that they don't actually believe makes sense.

当我们决议了准确的定位,我们就可以让全天下承受他们原本想不到的事变。

We can get them to do things that they don't think they can do.

我们能让天下做他们原本以为做不到的事变。

When I thought about my grandmother, of course she would think all her grandkids were special.

当我想到我的外婆,她固然以为每个外孙都很特殊。

My grandfather was in prison during prohibition. My male uncles died of alcohol-related diseases.

我的外公由于违了禁在蹲牢狱,我不止一个娘舅去世于和酗酒有关的疾病。

And these were the things she thought we needed to commit to.

这些准绳都是我外婆置信我们应该对峙的。

Well I've been trying to say something about our criminal justice system.

我想向各人引见的是我们的刑事执法零碎。

This country is very different today than it was 40 years ago.

和四十年前比,这个国度变了许多。

In 1972, there were 300,000 people in jails and prisons. Today, there are 2.3 million.

在1972年,牢狱里只要三十万人。明天,有两百三十万。

The United States now has the highest rate of incarceration in the world.

明天美国事天下上服刑生齿比例最高的国度。

We have seven million people on probation and parole.

我们有七百万人在缓刑期和假释期。

And mass incarceration, in my judgment, has fundamentally changed our world.

在我看来,如许的少量判刑完全改动了我们的天下。

In poor communities, in communities of color there is this despair, there is this hopelessness, that is being shaped by these outcomes.

在贫苦的社区里,在有色人种社区里,充溢了绝望,如许的绝望是由这些改动带来的。

One out of three black men between the ages of 18 and 30 is in jail, in prison, on probation or parole.

三分之一的黑人男性,十八岁到三十岁之间的,不是在牢狱里,便是在缓刑期或许假释期。

In urban communities across this country -- Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington

在天下到处的都会社区里--洛杉矶,费城,巴尔的摩,华盛顿,

50 to 60 percent of all young men of color are in jail or prison or on probation or parole.

百分之五十到六十的有色人种的年老人不是在牢狱里,便是在缓刑期或许假释期。

来自:千亿国际文娱网页版_千亿国际文娱|www.qy449.com 文章地点: http://www.tingvoa.com/html/516565.html